Drug & Alcohol Policy
The Kwickaz Group is committed to providing safe and healthy workplace. The Kwickaz Group’s policy has been designed for the mutual benefit of The Kwickaz Group and its employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents and seeks to comply with legislation of Federal and State Governments regarding alcohol, drugs and safety generally. This policy and the supporting procedures operate as a minimum.
The Kwickaz Group is committed to the wellbeing of its employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents and to enable all to perform their work in a productive manner which does not jeopardise their own safety or the safety of others. The Kwickaz Group aims to foster an attitude among everyone that it is unacceptable to commence work under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
This Drug and Alcohol policy and the supporting procedures apply to all employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents. Each employee, Sub-Contractor or Agent to whom the Policy applies must make themselves aware of these standards and the conduct required.
The Kwickaz Group is committed to ensuring that the safety and wellbeing of employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents and the quality of The Kwickaz Groups work, is not compromised by the presence of people under the influence of alcohol or other drugs in the workplace.
The Kwickaz Group does not and will not condone:
- the use, sale or possession of any illegal/prohibited substance or alcohol at the workplace or a work related event
- the presence of employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents affected by alcohol at the workplace or work related event
- the consumption of alcohol at the workplace or at a work related event without express management permission
The Kwickaz Group acknowledges that alcohol may be consumed at some activities involving employees including The Kwickaz Groups initiated activities. When attending a function as a representative of The Kwickaz Group, employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents are expected to conduct themselves responsibly within the bounds of The Kwickaz Groups policies.
If employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents choose to consume alcohol they must do so responsibly and arrange for safe transportation to their place of residence. Alcohol is not to be consumed on company premises unless approved by the Managing Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
Employees, Sub-Contractors and Agents are responsible for:
- their behavior and actions at all times
- understanding and complying with this policy
- promptly informing their manager if there is a policy breach
- Seeking advice from a manager before undertaking an action or activity that may be contrary to The Kwickaz Groups policy.
Managers are responsible for:
- monitoring compliance with this policy by members of their team;
- notifying the Managing Director if there is an emerging concern about compliance with this policy
- ensuring that each member of their team understands the policy